Post from Thailand

Well I took a diversion to Thailand, and I'm here now in Koh Toa, enjoying the thoroughly wonderful weather, sky and ocean. It was a last minute thing, as my friend Simon was in Bangkok and I thought it might be a nice spontaneous thing to do to just visit him. So I did. I didn't know I'd be headed to some island but lo and behold, here I am. And this has been the first real opportunity to get on with some writing. I've been telling people I'm wrriting a book, and I am. I just have to stop telling people, because it tends to deplete the energy once the fun has already been enjoyed. I don't expect it to be easy, and like everything else it can be hard work pushing through the comfort zzones to get what I need to do.

I know I need to get really focused, and that means not letting myself be distracted. If I have to stay here, or better still if I just choose to stay here ratherr than return to th US, if that gets the book written, then so be it. That's how it will have to roll, that's all. But I usually have a good idea when I'm procrastinating on something, and that usually means findingg excuses for not doing what I need to do, even though whatt I know I need to do will lead to good tthings in the future. It's why I find it easierr to do quick things that have immediate results. The long term things tend to require more investment, and I've had a tendency to be a one marshmallow kind of person, at least in the past.

But that's something that can feature in the book too. So many ideas for this book. But I know I have to focus, not write ten books that just have one paragrapth, even though it's such a distraction to want to do that. I'm the eternal butterfly in that regard.

So now, more than at any other time, I have to get focused, but also get on with doing some diving while I'm here.

But for now, I'm feeling hungry and pad thai beckons.

Comments

Popular Posts