One day until I leave

So I've been checking out where to rent the motorcycle, where to stay as I go along, and getting an idea of the route. I want to take trains as much as I can, because I hear they're the best way to see India. I'll take a bus at some point because I've heard they're an experience not to be missed, and one thing I've found today is that there are plenty of options for Airbnb that give really good value for money. Gorgeous places in Goa for $25 a night, so I reckon that'll be where I splurge. Late adjustment of plans is a diversion to Nepal and Darjeeling, so I can be in the foothills of the Himalayas and see Tibet and Mount Everest as I travel along. Then I think I can get a flight from Kathmandu to Delhi at the end of the trip. I do want to take in the golden temple at Amritsar, so perhaps I'll do that last of all from Delhi. Who knows? Perhaps I'll find myself staying somewhere that's so amazing I won't want to leave... Bags are packed. Or should I say, "bag". It's a small backpack so I can travel really light. One pair pants, one pair shorts, one pair legging things. Practical walking shoes, flip flops, shoes for fins if I dive (boat shoes), underpants, socks, light jacket, hat, toiletries, prescriptions, drugs for Delhi belly. Sunglasses, readers, iphone, tablet, keyboard and mouse, space phone, charger, charger/battery, pad and pens, Hawaiian shirts, passports, money, credit cards, visa, driver's license, wallet. I think that's about it. Weather looks like it could get bad Tuesday night for Wednesday morning. I'm flying into Denver at first, which I don't like, because of all the airports I travel to, Denver seems to have the worst problems with closures. But we'll see. Things are what they are. I just realized I haven't checked to see if my tablet fits in the backpack. I do hope it does. And the extra weight might made it a bit trickier. I don't think I can get much more in the bag. But we'll try. If I have to I'll leave the keyboard. If I have to I'll leave the tablet, too. Must find a bungee to tie the backpack onto the motorcycle. I do hope I can access TMs easy enough. I have some dollars, but it's ATMs for getting Rupees I'll be using most, along with the credit card. OK. I'm talking to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts