Preparing for the trip

So my trip to India is just a few days away. I'm finally getting to check off an important item on my bucket list.
I'm leaving from Santa Fe airport on Wednesday, traveling via Denver and New Jersey, then straight to Delhi. Hotel is booked near the airport for the first night. Two nights there, then a couple of days in Delhi, then I'm probably going to rent a 500cc Royal Enfield Thunderbolt motorcycle, and ride it to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and then ride up to Jaisapur to ride camels.

Then back to Delhi, then train to Mumbai, or possibly bus.

Trip will take in Mumbai, Goa, the lakes down the west coast of the Arabian sea, inland a bit, and I'll have seven weeks to do what I want in India.

Just backpacking, doing it on the cheap. Inexpensive hotels, rooms, dorms, and occasionally something nice.

India. On my bucket list for about 30 years.

Perhaps check out Bollywood while I'm there. Who knows? Nearly packed

Comments

Popular Posts